137 Pillars House Chiangmai, Thailand
Built in 1889 to accommodate the manager of the British East Borneo Company, this residence has now been restored into a 30-suite boutique hotel. While the stately teak-wood building has retained its oriental elegance, the hotel delivers the level of comfort one would expect from a high-end establishment of its caliber. Elements reminiscent of days gone by such as tiled verandas, cane shades, rattan furniture, and free-standing Victorian baths are complemented by modern facilities such as flat screen televisions, wi-fi, and outdoor garden showers. Two of the hotel’s Louis Leonowens Suites feature private infinity pools.